Setting up Push 2 (Mac)
- Live Versions: 9.5 and later
- Operating System: MacOS 10.7 and later
Connect Push 2 to your computer's USB port, and if possible avoid any USB cord extension or external USB hub. We recommend also connecting the AC adapter to ensure the maximum brightness for its display and LEDs.
Push 2 requires Live 9.5 or later to work. Make sure to download and install the latest available version from your User Account.
Push 2 will automatically configure as soon as Live is running, provided its MIDI ports are correctly detected by MacOS. This is how your MIDI preferences should look like once Push 2 is plugged into your computer:
While Push 2 automatically configures as a Control Surface, you will need to manually configure the Push User port to create custom mappings with Push while in User mode.
Before Push 2 is ready to use, a Firmware update might be necessary. If this is the case, Live will perform the update automatically, and the Push display will notify you once the process has completed, instructing you to restart the device.
The Firmware update will only take place if Push is correctly configured as above.
In case Push 2 does not function as expected, the first course of action should be:
- Try a different USB port on your computer.
- Try a different USB cable.
- Make sure that the USB cable is fully inserted into your Push 2 - it requires a firm press to properly connect.
- Use the cable provided with the unit as other USB cables may not fit into the Push 2 USB port housing.
- To test the USB connection, check whether the Push 2 receives power from the computer when its AC adaptor is unplugged.
- Check that the control surface for Push 2 is active, and that only one control surface for the Push 2 is selected.
In case the above steps don't work, please see the dedicated articles for the following specific issues: