Live is slow to start or hangs on launch
- Live Versions: All
- Operating System: All
Live should normally launch within 3-10 seconds. If Live is slow to start or does not launch at all, try the following steps.
1. Reset Live
If Live is hanging at launch, try a reset. Resetting Live deletes the preferences, plugin folder path, and template set.
2. "Live is not responding"
If Live shows as "not responding" and fails to launch, it could be an issue with a connected device.
- Shut down the computer.
- Disconnect all USB/Firewire/Thunderbolt devices (audio interface, hub, external drives, printer).
- Restart the computer.
- Try to launch Live.
- If it works, then close it again and connect your devices one by one, testing each time by launching Live in between.
If you manage to pinpoint the issue to one device, try the following:
- Change the connecting cable. Make sure to use a high quality cable with a ferrite bead.
- Try connecting directly rather than through a hub (if used).
- Make sure that the drivers and firmware for that device are updated.
- If necessary re-install the drivers.
- If the device continues to stop Live from launching, troubleshoot with support from the manufacturer.
3. Live takes a long time to launch
Large Database: If there is a large amount of files in the folders added to Places, this can result in a slow launch time. Only add a few select folders to Places, and not entire drives.
Incompatible MIDI Drivers (Mac only): Outdated MIDI drivers from other software can cause all MIDI applications to hang while trying to initialize the outdated driver.