Authorizing Live Offline
If you cannot successfully authorize online, or if your computer is not connected to the internet, you can follow these steps to authorize Live offline:
- First, install Live on the computer that you wish to use it on.
- When starting Live, you will see an authorization dialog. Click on "No Internet on this computer":
- Live will display another window in which the hardware code of your computer is shown, as well as further information regarding the Offline Authorization process:
- Note down the hardware code (you'll need to enter this number in your Ableton.com account). You can also save this information as a text file to make it easier to find later (just click on "Save..." on the bottom right corner).
- On an internet-connected computer, log into your Ableton user account.
- Once you're logged in, select your Ableton license from the list (in case you only have one license registered, selecting a license is not necessary) and click "authorize offline".
- Enter your hardware code from Live and click "Download". The Ableton server will generate an authorization (.auz) file for the computer you want to authorize.
- If using an offline machine, you can save the authorization file to your portable storage device and bring it back to the computer where Live is installed.
- Open Live and double click the .auz file or drag it onto the authorization dialog
If you need to find your hardware code again, the offline authorization dialog can also be found within the Live Preferences' "License / Maintenance" tab: