EDU Order & Verification Guide
- Live Versions: 9
- Operating System: All
To purchase and verify your educational version of Live 9 Standard or Suite please proceed like this:
1. Check your EDU eligibility.
You are eligible for an educational discount if you are:
- a student currently enrolled in full-time educational studies, ranging from primary school up to advanced degree programs.
- a student in a part-time program that consists of 20 hours or more study time per week, or one that runs for 12 months or more. The area of studies is irrelevant.
- a teacher who is currently employed full- or part-time at a school or university in any field. Part-time and private teachers must work at least 20 hours per week to qualify
Please note: If there is ever any disagreement on educational status documents, we offer a full four-week money back guarantee.
2. Order your EDU license.
You can order your discounted EDU license in our shop.
3. Verify your EDU status.
After the order of your new EDU product is completed, please provide us with your verification document to activate your EDU license.
Our shop system will automatically route you to a page where you can transmit your papers as an attachment. You will need to send us the following document:
- A copy of your valid student or teacher ID, or a confirmation letter from your school including a signature and stamp. Please ensure that your name and the issue or expiration date of your ID or letter are clearly legible.
The verification usually takes one business day to complete. You’ll receive an email with the outcome. Once verified, your license will be activated and you’ll be able to authorize Live immediately.
Please note: The software won't run properly until you've verified your educational status. If you can't wait for the verification process to run its course, use the free 30-day trial license to make music while we verify.
4. Install and authorize your EDU software.
We feel that it is important to support students and teachers, for this reason there aren't any limitations imposed on a license purchased with our educational discount.
The only tradeoff is that the license can only be sold / transferred to students or teachers who meet the eligibility requirements for our educational discounts.