Buying Live after using the free trial
The free trial is for Suite, which is the full-featured version of Live. You are not automatically charged once the trial expires.
1. Uninstalling Live after your trial expires
Once the trial expires, you can uninstall it:
2. Buying and Installing Live
Check out our full feature chart detailing the differences between each version of Live (Intro/Standard/Suite) to find out which version is right for you.
Note: Intro and Standard may not have all of the instruments and effects you used during the trial period.
As the trial and a paid version of Live have different installers, it is not possible to authorize a trial installation with a purchased Live serial number.
Any sets made with the trial can be opened in a purchased version of Live, however, you may receive an error message if you have Intro or Standard and if the set utilizes Suite features.
- You can freeze and flatten those tracks to bounce them to audio to save them in your new paid installation.
After freezing and flattening, you need to re-authorize Live to enable saving and exporting.
- Go to Preferences > Licenses/Maintenance > Authorize at ableton.com
- Once Live is re-authorized you will be able to save and export normally.
- If your trial expired and you have an unsaved set in the program itself, there isn't a way to save the file, even if you purchase a serial afterward. For this, we would recommend trying to find a way to record the audio playback from your computer directly and import those new audio stems into a paid version.