How to re-authorize Live
- Live Versions: 9-10
- Operating System: All
If you purchase a Pack, a Live device, or add Max for Live to your existing license, you'll need to re-authorize Live before you can use your new products.
You'll also need to re-authorize Live if you've previously used the trial (which is for Live Suite) and then purchase a different version of Live (Intro, Standard) to update the license information after installing the new purchased version.
Note: Re-authorizing Live on the same computer does not affect your authorization allowance limit.
- Open Live's Preferences → Licenses Maintenance.
- Click "Authorize at ableton.com".
- This will open a web browser window which will connect to your Ableton.com user account.
- Login with your Ableton.com account details in case you haven't already.
- Select the correct license in the dropdown (if you have more than one) and click "Authorize".
- Then you'll be brought to Live again and receive a confirmation of successful authorization.
- Your new product(s) should appear in Live's browser.
Note: If online authorization doesn't work, try offline authorization instead.