How to enable full read/write permissions
- Live Versions: All
- Operating System: All
Live requires full read/write access to certain folders on your computer. Incorrect permissions settings may result in error messages like "The folder cannot be created" or "The file cannot be created."
For how to configure permissions on Windows, refer to this guide:
How to take ownership of files/folders and allow Read/Write access on Windows.
If your entire account has read-only access, the easiest step may be to set up a new user account.
For how to configure permissions on macOS, refer to this guide:
If all files and folders on your profile need to be modified, the easiest step may be to set up a new user profile.
On macOS 10.15 (Catalina) or higher, Live needs permission to access most locations on your computer. For this reason, installing the application prompts a pop-up window requesting permissions. If you did not grant permissions during installation, you can still change the settings, as follows:
To grant Full Disk Access and Files and Folders permissions for Live:
- Open System Preferences
- Open Security & Privacy > Privacy
- Click the padlock icon in the lower left corner and enter your password
- Select Full Disk Access, then use the + button to add Live as an allowed app.
- Select Files and Folders and use the + button to add Live.
- After granting Full Disk Access and Files and Folders permissions to Live, click the padlock again to prevent further changes, then restart Live.