Resetting Live's Database
- Live versions: All
- Operating System: All
Resetting the Live Database can help resolve a number of issues, including the following errors:
- Live’s Browser is missing content (Audio effects, Instruments, etc.)
- Live's Collections is not working as intended(ranks, favorites, etc.)
- Third-party plug-ins are not appearing in Live's Browser
- "Can't access file database: Database Error: Disk I/O error"
- "Database disk image is malformed"
- “Database Error: no such rowid”
- “Database Error: Live has detected an internal error which will cause the browser to not work properly. Please restart Live in order to repair it.”
- "Database Error. SQL logic error or missing database"
To Reset the Live Database:
- Close Live
- Access the Database folder for the Live version currently in use, located here (these folders are usually hidden by default, here's how to access them):
Live 11 and 10
- Windows: \Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Ableton\Live Database\
- Mac: /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Ableton/Live Database/
- Windows: \Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Ableton\Live 9.x.x\Database\
- Mac: /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Ableton/Live 9.x.x/Database/
- Delete the content in the folder, leaving the folder itself in place
- Restart Live
At this point, Live will need to re-index all the content in the Browser. As this operation progresses, the contents of Live's Browser will begin to appear in their respective categories. This includes the content you have saved to Collections.