Live asks for authorization at every launch (Mac: Single-user environment)
- Live Versions: 9.1 and later
- Operating System: Mac 10.13 and later
If Live asks for authorization every time it launches, follow these instructions:
- Open this hidden folder:
/Users/[username]/Library/Preferences/Ableton/Live x.x.x*/ *x.x.x is the current Live version.
Note: Here's how to access hidden folders on Mac.
- Open the Options.txt file (if it exists)
- Find the line which reads -ChallengeMethod=2.
- Change that line to -ChallengeMethod=3
- If there is no existing Options.txt file, then create one instead and add the options entry from step 3.
- Save the Options.txt file.
- Launch Live.
You'll need to authorize one last time, and then it should not ask again at the next launch.
Note: If you have installed Live in a multi-user environment, follow these instructions instead.