Switching from the beta to the release version of Live
- Live Versions: 10, 11
- Operating System: All
The Live Beta is currently available for Live 10 and 11, and is a separate installation from release versions of Live.
When you are ready to install the latest version of Live from your user account, you can manually copy the preferences from the beta if needed, and then uninstall it.
Install the latest version of Live from your account
Your User Library should automatically be linked, therefore any presets you made using the beta will be available.
Manually copy preferences (if needed)
The Live release version does not use the Preferences folder from the beta. If you modified your Preferences in the beta, you can copy them to the latest version.
Note: The release version of Live needs to be opened at least once to create the Preferences folder.
1. Open the hidden Preferences folder in this location:
Note: Here's how to open hidden folders on Windows and Mac.
2. Manually copy Library.cfg, Preferences.cfg, Template.als (if used) and Options.txt (if used) from the latest Live Beta Preferences folder (e.g. Live 11.0b27) into the latest Live Preferences folder (e.g. Live 11.0).
- Library.cfg contains Collection labels, User Library information, and Places storage information
- Preferences.cfg contains any chosen settings from Live's Preferences
- Template.als is the template Set saved in Live 10 (in Live 11 user made Templates are stored in the User Library)
- Options.txt contains any options you have added
Uninstall the beta
Once you've successfully launched the official version of Live, you can safely uninstall the Live Beta. On Mac, delete the Live Beta application from the Applications folder. On Windows, run the Add/Remove Programs utility.