"Can't access file database: Database Error: Disk I/O error"
- Live Versions: 9
- Operating System: All
The following error messages might appear while launching Live or while accessing the Live 9 browser:
- "Can't Access Database: Disk I/O Error"
- "Can't access file database: Database Error: Disk I/O error"
- "Database disk image is malformed"
To solve the problem you'll need to delete the Live 9 Database.
- Close Live
- Access the Database folder for the Live version currently in use. This folder is located here:
Windows: \Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Ableton\Live 9.x.x\Database\
Mac: /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Ableton/Live 9.x.x/Database/
Note: these folders are usually hidden by default. Here's how to access them
- Delete the content of the folder, leaving the folder itself in place
- Restart Live
At this point, Live will need to re-index all the content added to Places. As soon as the process progresses, your presets will start to appear in the respective categories.