"Can't access file database: Database Error: Disk I/O error"
- Live Versions: 9
- Operating System: All
The following error messages might appear while launching Live or while accessing the Live 9 browser:
- "Can't Access Database: Disk I/O Error"
- "Can't access file database: Database Error: Disk I/O error"
- "Database disk image is malformed"
To solve the problem it is necessary to delete the Live 9 Database.
- Close Live
- Access the Database folder for the Live version currently in use. This folder is located under:
- Windows: \Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Ableton\Live 9.x.x\Database\
- Mac: /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Ableton/Live 9.x.x/Database/
- Delete the content of the folder, leaving the folder itself in place
- Restart Live
At this point, Live will need to re-index all the content added to Places. As soon as the process progresses, your presets will start to appear in the respective categories.
Please note that the folders listed above may be hidden on your computer's operating system. The following knowledge base article contains information on how to access hidden folders on Windows and Mac OS X.