Transferring a Live license to a new user
- To process a license transfer, the current license owner can login to their account and click 'Transfer ownership of your license to another person'
- Fill out the recipient's email address, choose the license you wish to transfer and click 'Submit':
- An email requesting confirmation will then be sent to your email address (check your spam folder or 'All Mail' in Gmail):
Click 'Confirm license transfer' in the email:
You will then be redirected to Ableton.com to confirm the transfer:
A final email will then be sent to both parties to confirm once the license has been transferred.
- We can only process license transfer requests that we receive from the current holder of the license (i.e. the seller). The request must be submitted via the seller's registered email address and cannot be completed via our Telephone Support. If the buyer has no information about the seller, they can contact our Support Team and send us a proof of purchase or the serial number. We will then get in touch with the seller and ask for confirmation of the transfer.
- Only an entire Live license can be transferred: all Live versions and corresponding serial numbers contained in the license will also be acquired by the buyer. This applies to Suite and upgrades; you can only transfer the whole thing.
- Educational licenses can only be transferred to verified educational users. The buyer must submit a copy of their student or faculty ID together with a copy of their photo ID or an official confirmation from the school or university for verification to activate the license.