Unable to install and/or launch Live due to missing dll (Windows)
- Live Versions: All
- Operating System: Windows
Some Windows users may receive an error about a missing .dll when installing or launching Live, similar to one of the following:
These .dll files are necessary for installation. This typically means that your version of Windows is out of date. Windows needs to be updated completely.
- Here's how to update Windows 10 completely.
- Here's how to update Windows 7 completely.
Sometimes media packs might be missing from your installation. These should also be installed.
- If using Windows 10 N, you need to install the Windows 10 Media Feature pack.
- If using Windows 7 or 8 you need to install the Microsoft's Visual C++ Redistributable Package.