Where to find Crash Reports
- Live Versions: 8 - 10
- Operating System: All
A Crash Report is a file archive created when launching Live the next time after a crash. It contains system crash logs, information about your setup and a log of what Live has done since it was last opened. Crash reports can be accessed even if Live doesn't launch anymore.
Where to find Live's Crash Reports
Option 1: If Live fails to launch, or if the "Report a Crash" pane doesn't appear automatically, the crash reports can be found here:
- Windows - \Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Ableton\Live Reports\
- Mac - /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Ableton/Live Reports/
Note: These folders are normally hidden. Here's how to access hidden folders.
Option 2: When Live is launched the next time after a crash occurs, the "Report a Crash" pane which opens automatically will display a shortcut to the crash report on your computer.
Where to send them
You can send those files as an email attachment to email@example.com where they are logged automatically. However if you need an answer from us, please contact us directly on our technical support page and include the crash report as an attachment.
What to do if there are no Crash Reports available
This might happen if Live is crashing at launch. Here's how to troubleshoot crashes while Live is launching. If this doesn't help, please send Live's log file to Ableton support. If on Mac please also send the system crash logs.
Live's log file can be found here:
- Windows - \Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Ableton\Live x.x.x\Preferences\Log.txt
- Mac - /Users/[username]/Library/Preferences/Ableton/Live x.x.x/Log.txt
- Mac System Crash Logs - /Users/[Username]/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports/live.xxxx.crash (xxxx = crash date and time)
Note: Here's how to access hidden folders.