Live Trial - Installation and Setup
- Live Versions: 10
- Operating System: All
Note: Due to the current Covid-19 situation we are offering an extended trial period of 90 days (instead of 30 days) for all users.
The Trial version gives you access to the full feature range of Live 10 Suite. You can install and set up the Live 10 Trial by following these steps:
- Go to the Try Live for free page.
- Use the drop down menu (left to the Download button) to select the Mac or Windows installer and click Download.
- Once the download has completed, unzip the ZIP archive file (PC) or mount the DMG file (Mac).
- Follow the instructions from this article and install Live.
- Once the installation is completed, open Live by clicking the Ableton Live icon in the Windows start menu (PC), or double-clicking the application in Finder (Mac). On Mac, it may ask if you want to launch an application downloaded from the internet. Click "yes".
- When Live opens, you will see a dialog window with a button to start your trial period. Click on the "Start your free trial" button:
- Your web browser will then automatically open. On the web page, you will receive a prompt to log into your Ableton user account or to create a new account if you don't have one yet.
- Once logged in the trial license will authorize and start the trial period.
To learn more about Live and how to use it, watch our getting started videos and tutorials.
- It is not possible to authorize the trial offline.
- A trial can only be used once.
- You can use Max for Live during the trial period as well since it is included with Suite.
- It is not possible to buy Packs from the webshop to use with the trial.