Live Trial - Installation and Setup
- Live Versions: 10
- Operating System: All
You can test Live 10 for a 30-day period with no limitations. The Trial version gives you access to the full feature range of Live 10 Suite. To install and set up Live 10 Trial, follow the instructions below.
- Go to the trial page.
- Use the drop down menu (left to the Download button) to select the Mac or Windows installer and click Download.
- Once the download has completed, unzip the ZIP archive file (PC) or mount the DMG file (Mac).
- Follow the instructions from this article and install Live.
- Once the installation is completed, open Live. To open Live, click the Ableton Live icon in the Windows start menu (PC), or double-click the application in Finder (Mac). On Mac, it may ask if you want to launch an application downloaded from the internet. Click "yes".
- When Live opens, you will see a dialog window with a button to start your 30-days trial period. Click on the "Start your free trial" button:
- Your web browser will now automatically open. On the webpage, you will receive a prompt to log into your Ableton user account or to create a new account.
If you already have an Ableton user account, log in using your email address and password. Should you not yet have an account, create a new one by entering your email address, choosing a password and filling out the other account information. Then click "Create account":
- Live will now automatically unlock your 30-day trial license.
To learn more about Live and how to use it, please see our getting started videos and tutorials.
Please note: Since version 10, Max for Live comes bundled with Live. The trial version therefore contains Max for Live and you can use this during the 30-days trial period as well.