Installing the Live Trial
- Live Versions: 11
- Operating System: All
The Live trial gives you access to the full feature range of Live Suite. You can install and set up the trial by following these steps:
- Go to the Try Live for free page.
- Use the drop down menu (left to the Download button) to select the Mac or Windows installer and click Download.
- Once the download has completed, unzip the ZIP archive file (PC) or mount the DMG file (Mac).
- Follow the instructions from this article and install Live.
- Once the installation is completed, open Live by clicking the Ableton Live icon in the Windows start menu (PC), or double-clicking the application in Finder (Mac). On Mac, it may ask if you want to launch an application downloaded from the internet. Click "yes".
- When Live opens, you will see a dialog window with a button to start your trial period. Click on the "Start your free trial" button.
- Your web browser will then automatically open. On the web page, you will receive a prompt to log into your Ableton user account or to create a new account if you don't have one yet.
- Once logged in the trial license will authorize and start the trial period.
To learn more about Live and how to use it, watch our getting started videos and tutorials.
- It is not possible to authorize the trial offline.
- A trial can only be used once.
- You can use Max for Live during the trial period as well since it is included with Suite.
- It is not possible to buy Packs from the webshop to use with the trial.