How to activate the 30-day trial of Live
- Live Versions: 9
- Operating System: All
- Open the trial download website in your internet browser.
- Click on the blue "Free Download" button to download the Live trial installer.
- Once the download is complete, unpack the ZIP archive (PC) or mount the DMG (Mac) and install Live.
- Start Live by clicking on Ableton Live in the Windows start menu (PC) or by double clicking on the application in Finder (Mac).
- In case you're asked if you want to launch an application downloaded from the internet, click on "yes".
- On Live's welcome screen click on "Start your free trial"; this will open your web browser.
- On the website which opens, create an Ableton user account by entering your email address and a password of your choice. If you already have an Ableton user account just login with your registered email address and password.
- Live will now automatically unlock your 30-day trial license.
- In order to trial Max for Live, please make sure to download the Max installer from your Ableton user account.
To learn more about Live, please see our getting started videos and tutorials.