How to reset Live
- Live Versions: All
- Operating System: All
To troubleshoot issues with Live, it can be helpful to reset Live to its default settings in case the problem has been caused by corrupted file settings. Resetting Live won't delete any important files, such as project files and presets, however we still recommend backing up your system beforehand.
Resetting Live performs the following actions:
- Your template set will be erased if you have one
- Live's preferences will be deleted; audio and MIDI hardware needs to be setup again, plug-in support needs to be re-enabled, custom preferences need to be set again
- The Undo folder will be deleted
Steps to reset Live
- Close Live
- Open the following hidden folder (Live x.x.x corresponds to the version of Live installed on your computer eg. Live 10.0.1):
Note: Here's how to access hidden folders on Windows and Mac.
- Delete Preferences.cfg, Undo folder and Template.als (if present).
Note: In Live 9, there is no Undo folder. Instead delete the Undo.cfg file.
- If you have previous versions of Live installed you should also delete the same files in their respective folders.
- Restart Live
Note: If you don't want to permanently delete these files you can temporarily copy the Template.als and Preferences.cfg files to another location on your computer (eg. Desktop). If the reset has not solved the issue, then you can place them back into their former locations.