Eligibility requirements for educational licenses
You are eligible for an educational discount if you:
- are a student currently enrolled in full-time educational studies, ranging from primary school up to advanced degree programs.
- are a student in a part-time program that consists of 20 hours or more study time per week, or one that runs for 12 months or more.
- attended a dedicated Ableton Live Course (weekend workshops are excluded).
- are a teacher who is currently employed full- or part-time at a school or university in any field. Part-time and private teachers must work at least 20 hours per week to qualify.
To verify your status, you can upload one of the following items in your Ableton.com account after purchasing an EDU license:
- a valid student ID with expiration date or current term clearly displayed
- a school transcript or enrollment letter
- a teacher's work ID with a current term shown
- an employment verification letter from the school on official letterhead
If there is ever any disagreement on educational status documents, we offer a full four-week money back guarantee.
Eligilibty for alumni and former teachers
Educational licenses require a current student enrollment or teaching verification in order to authorize the purchase.
Because of this, graduated students or former teachers are not eligible for the offer.
However, we can offer a grace period for students one month after graduation, and for teachers one month after the end of their employment contract.
Eligibility for students taking online courses
Students attending online schools on a part time basis of 20+ hours per week meet the study requirements for educational licenses.
Please note monthly subscription classes, which can be cancelled at any time, such as students of Lynda (http://www.lynda.com), do not meet the necessary requirements for our educational discount.