Eligibility requirements for educational licenses
You are eligible for an educational discount if you are:
- currently enrolled in full time educational studies and are age 18, or of legal age according to your country's laws.
- currently enrolled in a part-time program for at least 20 hours per week or enrolled in a course that lasts 12 months or longer, and are age 18 or of legal age according to your country's laws.
- currently teaching full-time or part-time at a school or university in any field. Part-time and private teachers must work at least 20 hours per week to qualify.
If you are a full-time or part-time student under the age of 18 or not of legal age according to your country's laws, your parents can purchase an EDU license on your behalf.
To verify your status, you can upload one of the following items in your Ableton.com account after purchasing an EDU license:
- a valid student ID with expiration date or current term clearly displayed
- a school transcript or enrollment letter
- a teacher's work ID with a current term shown
- an employment verification letter from the school on official letterhead
If there is ever any disagreement on educational status documents, we offer a full four-week money back guarantee.
Eligibility for alumni and former teachers
Educational licenses require a current student enrollment or teaching verification in order to authorize the purchase.
Because of this, graduated students or former teachers are not eligible for the offer.
However, we can offer a grace period for students one month after graduation, and for teachers one month after the end of their employment contract.
Eligibility for subscription-based classes
Please note monthly subscription classes, which can be cancelled at any time, such as students of Lynda (http://www.lynda.com), do not meet the necessary requirements for our educational discount.