Push 3 Battery Tips and Troubleshooting
- Push 3 can be powered using a USB power bank. Use a PowerDelivery(PD)-capable power bank that can supply 20V/3A.
- The battery should not be left completely depleted, as this may affect battery life. 80% to 100% charge is recommended when not in use.
- Once fully charged, the battery must be discharged to below 95% before charging will be re-enabled.
- The battery will take 4.5 hours to charge from 0% to 100%.
- A fully-charged Push battery can be expected to last about 2 hours when using Push away from a power source.
- To prevent Push from shutting down unexpectedly when running on battery power, charge to at least 50% before removing the power supply.
Note: If you did not save the current Set and the battery runs to empty, the Push will power off. Once turned back on, a dialog will prompt steps to recover the last open Set.
Battery status displays “Not Charging”
If Push displays the battery as “Not Charging” in the Status menu, do the following:
- Fully charge the battery
- Let the battery fully discharge
- Plug-in Push using the power supply
- Recharge the battery
Then navigate to Setup > Status, and the correct percentage of the battery should be displayed.
Note: After the above steps, the battery percentage may still only display 99%, even after fully charging. This should eventually switch to 100% after the battery has been charged and discharged several times. Whether battery charging ends at 100% or 99% does not affect the expected battery life of two hours.
Transporting Push 3
If Push’s power button is pressed accidentally during transport, the battery may lose its charge. To avoid this, transport Push in a protective case that minimizes contact with the power button.
If traveling on an airplane with Push, we recommend bringing it with you as carry-on luggage. If this is not possible, contact the flight carrier to make sure instruments with batteries are allowed in checked baggage.