Push 3 Wi-Fi and Ethernet Connections
Connecting Push to a network enables access to the following:
- Ableton Link
- Ableton Packs
- File transfer between Push and a computer
- Software updates
- Live license authorization
- Press the Setup button, located near the top left corner of Push.
- From the Setup menu, use the buttons below the display to select the Wi-Fi tab.
- Using the buttons above the display, press the left-most button to turn Wi-Fi on.
- Scroll using the left-most encoder knob to find the correct Wi-Fi network, then use the second button above the display to select “Connect.”
- Use the jog wheel or arrow keys to enter the password, then press “Done.”
Once the network has connected, it will move to the top of the network list, turn green, and display a check over the signal strength indicator.
Push will automatically connect to this network when next restarted.
To connect Push and Live via Wi-Fi, Push needs to be in Standalone mode. Once the connection is established, Push will stay connected to Live via Wi-Fi even after switching to Control Live mode. If the Wi-Fi connection times out when Push is in Control Live mode, switch Push back to Standalone mode to reconnect it to Live via Wi-Fi again.
Note: WPA3 network security protocol is not supported. Learn more about troubleshooting Push (standalone) network connection.
The following devices are needed to set up an Ethernet connection:
- USB-A Ethernet adapter or USB-A hub with Ethernet for Push 3
- A computer with Ethernet or a second hub or adapter with Ethernet for your computer
To set up the Ethernet connection, first, disconnect Push from Wi-Fi:
- Press the Setup button.
- Use the lower display buttons to navigate to the Wi-Fi tab.
- Use the upper left display button to toggle Wi-Fi to off.
Then connect the USB hub or adapter to the USB-A connector (see 5 below) on the back of Push. Connect the computer to the same router with an Ethernet connection to pair the Push or transfer files.