Setting Up Push 3
Push 3 can be used to control Ableton Live on a computer. To set up Push 3:
- Check that your computer meets the minimum hardware and software requirements for Push and Live.
- Install the latest version of Live from your Ableton User Account.
Note: For how to set up Push 3 (standalone) visit this guide: Setting Up Push 3 (standalone).
Connect Push to your Computer
Connect Push to your computer with the USB-C cable that came with Push. You can optionally connect the power supply to charge Push while connected to your computer.
To connect Push 3 to your computer to control Live, and/or to use Push as an audio interface with Live, connect to your computer using Push’s USB-C port.
To connect class-compliant MIDI controllers and synthesizers via Push, use the USB-A Port. Any MIDI devices connected to Push 3’s USB-A port will be available for MIDI input and remote control of Live on your computer.
When Live is running, it will automatically detect Push connected to a USB port on your computer. Once connected, Push can be used immediately. The firmware of Push 3 will be automatically updated when connected to Live.
Use Push as Your Audio Interface in Live
Once Push is connected with the USB-C cable and Live is running, follow these steps to use Push as your audio interface in Live:
- Open Live’s preferences by pressing [CMD/CTRL + , ] or use the dropdown menu in Live’s CPU meter to select “Configure Audio.”
- Navigate to the Audio Preferences tab.
- Using the Audio Input and Audio Output dropdowns, select “Ableton Push 3 Audio.”
Learn more about setting up an audio interface.