Note Sets in Ableton Cloud not Appearing in Live
- Live Version: 11.2.5 and later
Operating System: All
If synchronized Note sets aren’t appearing under the Cloud label in Live, proceed with the following troubleshooting steps:
Step 1: Confirm Internet Connectivity
Note can only upload or remove Sets while your device is connected to Wi-Fi or mobile data.
Confirm that your mobile device is connected to the internet by opening the device's Settings, browse to Settings > Mobile Data, and confirm that you have allowed Note to use mobile data. Alternatively, be sure that your device is connected to Wi-Fi via Settings > Wi-Fi. If neither of these is enabled, Note will not be able to upload or remove Sets.
Depending on the speed and strength of your wireless connection, Cloud upload times will vary. Synchronizing a Note Set to Ableton Cloud may take from a few seconds to a few minutes depending on your Note set size and internet connection.
Step 2: Confirm Cloud is Enabled within Live and Within Note
To access synced Note Sets in Live, Enable Cloud within Live and within Note. The Ableton account used to enable Cloud in Note must match the account used to enable Cloud in Live, or synced sets will not appear. Be sure to log in using the same email address.
Step 3: Re-enable Cloud in Note and Live Using the Same Ableton Account
If Note sets are still not synced after enabling Cloud in both Note and Live, it could be that you have used different email addresses to log in to Ableton.com. In this case, re-enable Cloud in Note and Live using the same Ableton Account.
Re-Enabling Cloud in Note:
- In the Note app, toggle the Enable Ableton Cloud switch off and on, which will open your device's web browser.
- If the browser routes directly to the "Enable Ableton Cloud" page, you are already logged in. Confirm you're logged into the correct account by logging out and back into Ableton.com with your mobile browser, by tapping "Go to Ableton.com" at the bottom of the page:
Then choose "Log out" from the "Menu."
- Open Note and enable the Cloud Toggle again, which will again open your web browser.
- Log in using the email address for your main Ableton account, and proceed with granting access to Ableton Cloud.
- Return to Note by clicking on the "Open" button that appears.
Re-Enabling Cloud in Live:
- Right-click the Cloud Label within Live's browser and select Sign Out.
- Unfold the Live browser and select the Cloud Section in Places. Click on the Sign In button, which will open your default web browser.
- If the web browser routes directly to the "Enable Ableton Cloud" page, you are already logged in to an account. Confirm you're logged into the correct account by logging out and back into Ableton.com in your web browser. You can do this by clicking on "Go to Ableton.com" in the bottom right corner of the window, then clicking on "Log out" in the upper right corner.
- Open Live and click on "Sign In" again, which will again open your web browser.
- Log in using the email address for your main Ableton account and proceed with granting access to Ableton Cloud.
- Return to Live by clicking on the blue "Return to Application" button.
Step 4: Check the Cloud Server Status
It's possible that the Cloud server may be experiencing a temporary outage, which could lead to Note projects not appearing to be synchronized. Review the Ableton Status Page to confirm if this could be the issue. In the case that the server is experiencing an outage, service will be restored as quickly as possible.