How to open Live using Rosetta
- Live Versions: 11.1 and above
- Operating System: Mac
To use VST2/VST3 plug-ins not yet updated/compiled for Silicon on an Apple Silicon Mac, you can force Live 11.1 and above versions to run as an Intel application via Rosetta 2, as explained below.
Important: These directions are not needed if all plug-ins are already updated for Apple Silicon. When in doubt, check the latest Apple Silicon and macOS compatibility information provided by each plug-in's developer.
- Find and select Live 11 in your Applications folder.
- Press Command-I, or right-click / access the File menu, and select "Get Info."
- In the Info window that opens, check the box for “Open using Rosetta."
- Close the Info window and re-launch Live.