How to update to Live 11.1
- Live Versions: 11.1
- Operating System: All
Note: Sets cannot be opened in previous versions once edited and saved in Live 11.1. To avoid accidental overwriting of an older set when opening it in Live 11.1, Live will prompt you to save a new version, using the option "Save as…” Make sure to save this version under a new name:
While our website will automatically detect which installer is correct for your computer’s operating system, you can still select between different builds of Live, depending on your operating system and processor. Here’s how to choose the right build for your system:
- Apple Intel (macOS 10.14 Mojave through macOS 12 Monterey)
- Apple Silicon (M1, M1 Pro, M1 Max)
- Apple Intel (macOS 10.13 High Sierra only)
Note: You can force Live to run as an Intel application via Rosetta 2 on an Apple Silicon-based Mac, as explained here. However, this isn't necessary if your plug-ins are updated for Apple Silicon. When in doubt, please check the latest Apple Silicon and macOS compatibility information provided by each plug-in developer.
- All Windows computers
Note for all builds:
- It's possible to install multiple versions of Live, as described here: Installing multiple versions of Live.
- If you primarily use the Live 11.1 beta version and would like to transfer your preferences to the Live 11.1 release version, you can copy them to the latest version as explained here: Using the Trial or Beta Preferences in a release version
Questions concerning the general installation process are covered in these articles: