Copying preferences from the Trial/Beta to the release version of live
- Live Versions: 10, 11
- Operating System: All
The Live release version does not use the Preferences folder from the Trial or Beta versions. If you modified your Preferences in the Trial/Beta, you can copy them to the latest version.
Note: The release version of Live needs to be opened at least once to create the Preferences folder.
1. Open the hidden Preferences folder in this location:
Note: Here's how to open hidden folders on Windows and Mac.
2. Manually copy Library.cfg, Preferences.cfg and Options.txt (if used) from the latest Live Preferences folder (e.g. Live 10.35 / Live 11.0b27) into the latest Live Preferences folder (e.g. Live 10 / Live 11.0).
- Library.cfg contains Collection labels, User Library information, and Places storage information
- Preferences.cfg contains any chosen settings from Live's Preferences
- Options.txt contains any options you have added
Note: If you are using Live 10, you will also find the Template.als file in the Preferences folder, which can be copied as well.
In Live 11, working with Templates has changed, the updated Templates location is in the User Library:
Macintosh HD/Users/[Username]/Music/Ableton/User Library/Templates