Samples missing after reloading a set on macOS 10.15 Catalina
- Live Versions: 10.1.2 and later
- Operating System: macOS 10.15 Catalina
On macOS Catalina, applications need permission to access most locations on your computer. If Live does not have full access it can cause missing media files, even if the samples were saved to a Project using Collect all and Save:
To fix this you can give Live disk access in your System Preferences:
- Open System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy.
- Unlock the icon in the left corner (requires password).
- Choose the category "Full Disk Access."
- Add Live to the allowed Apps with the + icon on the right side of the window.
Close the lock again and restart Live to apply the changes.
Note: If the above steps do not solve the problem, you can find further information in this article: Media files are missing.