How to switch between discrete and integrated graphics (Windows)
- Live Versions: 10
- Operating System: Windows
Live 10 can use both the discrete and integrated graphics cards if you have two GPUs on your computer. By default Live will use whatever Windows specifies, which is usually the discrete GPU, as this should offer better performance.
In case you're having issues with the discrete GPU and updating its drivers doesn't help, you can switch to the integrated GPU in order to troubleshoot:
- Close Live if it's running.
- Right click on the Live desktop icon.
- Click "Run with graphics processor → Integrated Graphics".
- Launch Live to see if performance is improved.