Live asks for authorization at every launch (Mac: Multi-user environment)
- Live Versions: 9.1 and later
- Operating System: Mac
If Live asks for authorization every time it launches on a multi-user computer, delete the Unlock folder in the local level library.
- Log in with an Admin profile on the computer.
- Close Live.
- Open Finder and navigate to this folder:
Macintosh HD:/Library/Application Support/
Note: This folder would been created manually as it is not created automatically by Live.
- Delete the Ableton Folder contained there.
- Launch Live. The authorization dialog will pop up, but once you complete authorization it shouldn't ask again at subsequent launches.
If it's still happening after that, then it could be due to this error: Live asks for authorization at every launch (Mac: Single-user environment).