Live asks for authorization at every launch (Mac: Multi-user environment)
- Live Versions: 9.1 and later
- Operating System: Mac
If Live asks for authorization every time it launches on a multi-user computer, there are two ways to solve this issue. If you having this issue on a single-user computer, follow these instructions instead.
Solution 1 - Copy the Unlock folder in the user level library.
1. In Finder go to this hidden folder: Macintosh HD:/Users/[Username]/Library/Application Support/Ableton/
Note: Here's how to access hidden folders on Mac.
2. Copy the Unlock folder of the previous Live version into the most recent Live folder, e.g. the Unlock folder from "Live 10.0.5" into "Live 10.0.6"
Solution 2 - Delete the Unlock folder in the local level library
1. In Finder go to this folder: Macintosh HD:/Library/Application Support/Ableton/
Note: This folder would need to have been created manually as it is not created automatically by Live. It is located in the local level Library (not the user level Library).
2. Remove the "Ableton" folder from this location by moving it for example to the Desktop. You can trash this folder after making sure that it doesn't contain any user-created data.