Max for Live tutorials and learning resources
- Live Versions: 9-10
- Operation System: All
Max for Live is a visual programming environment that allows users to build instruments and effects for use within Ableton Live. It comes bundled with Live Suite and is available as an optional upgrade for Live Standard. Here we've gathered some tutorials and learning resources for Max for Live.
Knowledge Base articles
- Controlling Live using Max for Live (Tutorial)
- Max for Live specific objects
- Processing video with Jitter in Max for Live
Built in lessons
Access the Max for Live built-in lessons by clicking on the Help menu-->Help View.
Cycling 74 Video Tutorials
Watch this set of video tutorials by Cycling '74.
Episode #1: Max for Live decoding
Episode #2: Degrade
Episode #3: Simple Delay
Episode #4: SVF
The complete playlist for the Max for Live programming lessons can be found on the Cycling '74 Youtube channel.
- Check out all the featured videos about Max for Live at Ableton.com.
- Learn how to implement Side Chain with any Ableton Device with the help of Max for Live, powered by Dubspot.
- Another video tutorial from Dubspot describes an interesting device created by David Linnebank: Spectral Shaper.
- Find out how to extend the automation possibilities with Max for Live, powered by createdigitalmusic.com.
- Learn the basics of Max for Live watching this tutorial on how to build a MIDI arpeggiator.
Third party Max for Live devices
- Download the Max for Live devices created by Robert Henke.
- Browse through devices created by Max for Live users.
- For more Max objects and devices, explore the Max object database.
- Find more third party Max for Live devices browsing this Cycling '74 resource.
Max for Live Forum
Share your knowledge and discuss ideas on the dedicated Max for Live forum.