How to reset Rewire
- Live Versions: All
- Operating System: All
Support for ReWire was ended by the developer in 2020 and ReWire is not available in Live 11.
While ReWire may still be visible in Live 10 and earlier, we cannot guarantee that it will work as normal since the technology is no longer updated.
In order to resolve certain rewire errors, you might need to delete the existing Ableton Live Rewire engine.
1. Close Live
2. Navigate to the following locations and delete the files called "Ableton Live Engine 32" and "Ableton Live Engine 64" (if present):
- Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/ReWire/
- Macintosh HD/Users/[yourusername]Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/ReWire
Note: The Library in the Users folder is hidden on Mac. Here's how to access it.
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Propellerhead Software\Rewire
3. Launch Live. Live will automatically re-download the latest version of the rewire engine.