"The Max installation appears to be broken" (Mac)
- Live Versions: 9, 10
- Operating System: Mac
This error may appear when loading any Max for Live device in Live.
Usually this happens if Live has been launched directly from the installer .dmg and not from the Applications folder.
- Close Live.
- Run the Live installer again.
- Drag the Live application to the Applications folder to install it.
- Once it's finished copying, unmount the installer (click the eject button in Finder).
- Launch Live from the Applications list.
- Load any Max for Live device.
- In case the error still appears, close Live and reset Max for Live.