Merging Live Sets
- Live Version: All
- Operating System: All
You can merge two or more Live Sets, or move tracks from one Set into another, using Live's Browser:
- Open Live and load a Set.
- Go to Places in Live's Browser. You can add the Live Project folder containing the Set you want to merge into the open Set using the Add Folder... button.
- Live will now display the Live Set(s):
- Drag the desired Live Set into the open Set (next to the already existing Tracks). This will recreate the complete Live Set. Only Return Tracks and the Master Track will be ignored:
- If you like to add individual parts of the Set, click on the arrow icon next to the Set's name to unfold it. You can now access the individual tracks (e.g. Instrument 1), Clips (e.g. 1 27-Bass 2) and Group Tracks (e.g. Samples) :
- Drag and drop a Clip into a Clip Slot in Session View or next to the already existing Tracks to create a new MIDI or Audio Track that contains this Clip. Drag and drop a Track or Group Track next to the already existing Tracks in Session or Arrangement View:
- You can also preview the Clips in the Browser. Make sure that the headphones icon at the bottom left of the Browser is turned on. Highlight the Clip, then click on Click to Preview. This works for both audio and MIDI clips:
- If you have used Grooves in a Live Set, you can also access these via the Browser. Drag and drop a Groove directly onto a Clip to use it in another Set: