Updating your graphics card driver (Windows)
- Live Versions: All
- Operating System: Windows
Your graphics card (or graphics processing unit - GPU) is used to render both Live's GUI and the Push 2 display.
Some computers may have both an integrated and a dedicated or discrete GPU. An out-of-date GPU driver on either can cause a variety of issues with Live or Push's performance. To update the driver:
- Open Device Manager.
- Expand the "Display Adapters" Entry.
- Right click on the graphics card, select Properties > Details.
- You will then see the exact name and model of your GPU, e.g. NVIDIA GForce 8400 GS.
- Search directly on the manufacturer's website for the very latest driver for that device and install it.
If your computer has both an integrated and discrete GPU, do this process for both.
Note: Windows updates and some PC manufacturers offer system update utilities which handle various updates at once. These often do not include the exact GPU driver that you need. It's always recommended to install the graphics drivers directly from the specific manufacturer's website.