Setting up a Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol keyboard
- Live Versions: 10.0.5, 10.1
- Operating system: All
As of version 10.0.5, we have included control surface support for the Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol A-Series keyboards, and as of 10.1, Komplete Kontrol S Mk2 and M32 keyboards.
How to enable Komplete Kontrol support in Live
1. Install the very latest version of Komplete Kontrol using the Native Access app. Here are detailed instructions for Komplete Kontrol Setup on the NI Knowledge Base.
Note: You have to install the latest version of Komplete Kontrol even if you don't use the plug-in, otherwise the control surface won't work Live.
2. Connect your Komplete Kontrol keyboard.
3. Launch Live and the keyboard should be automatically activated and ready for use.
4. If not, you can manually activate the control surface in Live's Preferences → Link MIDI. Choose the required control surface (Komplete Kontrol A, or Komplete Kontrol S Mk 2), then select your keyboard's input and output ports.