Push 2 display keeps resetting itself every few seconds
- Live Versions: 9.5 and higher
- Operating System: All
You might be having the following issue:
The Push display cycles from the logo screen and back to normal operation every few seconds. The pads and buttons themselves can still be used even when the display is not working.
This could be caused by a few different things. Try each step one by one until you find the solution.
1. Ensure the Push Control Surface is correctly configured
- Open Live's preferences to the Link MIDI tab. It should look like this:
- If there are any extra Push 2 control surfaces, set all drop-downs to "None" for the extra instances. Make sure that the Push 2 Control Surface Input and Output are set to Ableton Push 2 [Windows]/ Ableton Push 2 (Live port)[Mac].
2. Ensure that you're getting a proper USB connection
- Connect Push directly to a USB port on the computer (not through a hub).
- Make sure the cable is properly inserted into the Push 2 port; it requires a firm press.
- Make sure you are using the provided USB cable. Push 2 requires a substantial amount of USB data traffic, and standard USB cables may not be fast enough.
3. Close Google Chrome
- Depending on which tabs are open and what extensions are installed, Chrome can be very CPU heavy. This can interfere with the display process on Push 2. Close Chrome entirely and see if that fixes the issue.
4. Check the current CPU usage of your system
- Open Activity Monitor (Mac) or Task Manager (Windows) and monitor how much CPU is currently in use on your system
- Close all processes and programs which are using too much CPU