Upgrading to Live 10 from an earlier Live version
- Live Versions: 10
- Operating System: All
If you have upgraded from an earlier version of Live to Live 10, please follow these steps:
2. At this point the following happens:
- The Core Library is scanned and set up.
- The Preference files from your previous Live installation are copied over (Template.als, Preferences.cfg and Options.txt if used). Therefore all your custom preference settings will remain the same.
- All available plug-ins and Max for Live devices, if used, will display in the Browser.
- All installed Packs are scanned and any available updates are displayed in the Browser. See Live 10: Installing and managing Packs.
- If your User Library (containing your custom presets and files) has not changed location it will display in Places.
- Any folders you previously added to Places will be indexed and displayed.
- If you were previously using the Beta version of Live 10, see instead our article: Switching from the Live 10 Beta to the official Live 10 release
- If you were previously using the Live 8 Library, this no longer displays in the Live Browser, but you can still install the Live 8 Legacy Pack.
3. The following items are not copied:
- Any third party control surfaces need to be installed manually.
- Any custom skins, now called themes, are not copied over. Due to the overhaul of the Live 10 UI, any previously used custom skins may not function as expected.
4. It's fine to keep multiple Live versions installed on the same computer. However if you want to save disk space, you can uninstall the previous installation. Make sure not to delete your User Library, as this is unique to your computer.