Extracting a Tempo Map from Live
- Live Versions: All
- Operating System: All
Live does not support the export of tempo maps to other DAWs. However, if the other DAW can create a tempo map from an audio file you can use that:
- Create a MIDI track and add a Drum Rack containing a single percussive element with a very short attack time, such as a rimshot or a hi-hat.
- Create an empty MIDI clip and put one note on each quarter note.
- Grab the MIDI clip on the right edge and extend it to the very end of the song, through all sections that include tempo changes.
- Export the MIDI clip as an audio file.
- Import the audio file to the other DAW. By using the option to create a tempo map from an audio file, your project in Logic, Pro Tools, or any other program will follow the BPM changes.