Hardware requirements for using Live and Push in education
To make music with Ableton Live and Push you need a computer running Live 9, a free USB port, and a pair of headphones.
Tablet computers like iPad or Chrome Book are not supported.
Live 9 system requirements:
Intel® Mac with Mac OS X 10.7 or later, or PC with Windows 7, 8, or 10; Multicore processor; 4 GB RAM; 1024x768 display; DVD drive or broadband internet connection for installation;
View the complete system requirements.
Required disk space for basic installation:
3GB free disk space.
Required disk space if all included sounds are installed:
Live 9 Intro: 6 GB free disk space
Other hardware requirements to use Live and Push:
- A free USB port (USB hubs and extensions are not recommended)
- Headphone output and/or
- Monitor speakers (optional)
- In setups where multiple students share a computer, a headphone splitter or an audio interface with multiple headphone outputs is required.
For recording audio:
- Built-in microphone (only recommended for low quality recordings and testing purposes)
- For serious audio recording tasks an external microphone and an external audio interface or a professional sound card are required.
Important note for Windows computers:
The Windows default audio drivers are usually not suitable for professional audio tasks and can cause significant latency that might affect the playability of Push. In order to solve these issues we recommend one of the following solutions:
- The installation and usage of the free ASIO driver from: www.asio4all.com
- The use of an external audio interface with current drivers.
Additional help resources: