Live is not seeing installed Live Packs
- Live Versions: 9
- Operating System: All
Please note that only in the version of Live used to install a Live Pack, the Pack will be available in the Places section of the Browser. If you are alternating between the regular Live 9 and the Live 9 beta release, one of the two versions might fail to detect the recently installed content, even if both version point to the same Packs folder.
In order to address this, you can do as follows:
- Open Preferences and click on the Library tab
- Click the upper "Browse" button (Installation Folder for Packs)
- Point Live to any other directory on your hard disk
- When asked if you wish to move over the currently installed content, click "No"
- Next, click "Browse" once more and point Live to the directory where the Packs are actually located
- Restart Live
Please note that, depending on how many Live Packs are installed, indexing the content might take a while. Live will still display the Packs in the respective section of the browser, but it will probably not show any content unless this has been fully indexed.
While Live is indexing the content, a spinning wheel will appear at the right of the "Places" label in the browser: