"The selected Max application could not be loaded. A 64-bit version is probably required."
- Live Versions: All
- Operating System: Mac
In order to fix this error follow these steps:
- Close Live.
- Delete Max.app from Applications if not using the bundled version of Max, otherwise proceed to step 3.
- Reset Max for Live.
- Eject the Ableton Live installer .dmg if it's mounted in Finder.
- Install the latest version of Max for Live
- Launch Live.
- Go to Preferences → File/Folder.
- Point Live to the folder where Max is installed (/Applications/Max.app).
- Try opening a Max for Live device.