Live asks for authorization at every launch (macOS single-user environment)
- Live Version: 9.1 and later
- Operating System: macOS 10.13 or higher
If Live asks for authorization every time it launches, follow these instructions:
- In Finder, select the Go Menu, then hold down the Option key on your keyboard.
- Open the Library folder that appears.
- Scroll down to find the folder named Preferences. Open this, then open the enclosed folder Ableton. This opens the path, usually hidden: Users/[username]/Library/Preferences/Ableton.
(More info: how to access hidden folders on Mac.)
- Open the folder for your current version of Live, for example Live 11.2.5.
- If this contains a file called Options.txt, open the file.
- Find the line -ChallengeMethod=2
- Change that line to -ChallengeMethod=3
- If there is no existing Options.txt file, follow the steps here on how to create an Options.txt file, and add the line -ChallengeMethod=3
- Save the Options.txt file.
- Launch Live.
You'll need to authorize one last time, after which you should not be asked to authorize again.
Note: If you have installed Live in a multi-user environment, follow these instructions instead.