Live Set playing at wrong Tempo/Pitch
- Live Versions: All
- Operating System: All
Live will usually adopt the sample rate set by your soundcard, however in some cases, (for example when audio is running on another application), Live may not be able to switch to the correct sample rate.
This results in the set playing back at a faster or slower speed or different pitch than intended.
To resolve this:
- Please make sure that the sample rate of your interface matches that in Live's preferences, before launching Live. This setting could be made in any of the following three locations:
- Live's Preferences → Audio → In/Out Sample Rate. Then relaunch Live.
- Your soundcard's Control Panel, accessible by selecting 'Hardware Setup' in Live's Audio Preferences, or by simply launching your soundcard software when Live is closed.
- On some soundcards the sample rate is selected using a switch on the hardware itself.
- Lastly, it is also recommend that your soundcard drivers are fully up-to-date.
In case a instrument/plug-in is playing out of tune, this could be caused by pitch-bend automation.