Live Set playing at wrong Tempo/Pitch
- Live Versions: 1 - 9
- Operating System: All
A Live Set is playing at the wrong speed and/or pitch.
Live will usually adopt the sample rate set by your soundcard, however in some cases, (for example when audio is running on another application), Live may not be able to switch to the correct sample rate.
This results in the set playing back at a faster or slower speed than intended.
- Please make sure that the soundcard sample rate is correctly set to match your original settings, before launching Live. This setting could be made in any of the following four locations:
- Live's Preferences → Audio → In/Out Sample Rate
- Your soundcard's Control Panel, accessible by selecting 'Hardware Setup' in Live's Audio Preferences, or by simply launching your soundcard software when Live is closed.
- On a Mac, via the Audio MIDI Setup window (found in Applications/Utilities). You must select your soundcard in from the list of Audio Devices, where you can then change the sample rate.
- On some soundcards the sample rate is selected using a switch on the hardware itself.
- Lastly, it is also recommend that your soundcard drivers are fully up-to-date.