Uninstalling Max for Live (Live 9)
- Live Versions: 9
- Operating System: All
Follow these instructions in case you need to uninstall Max for Live completely. Max for Live installs to your computer simply as the Max application. Depending on its version it may also have the version number in its name (Eg. Max 6).
Uninstall Max for Live
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Apps.
- Find Max, and then select Uninstall.
Then delete the preferences folder found here:
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Cycling '74\Max Preferences Files\
- 32-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cycling '74\Max\
- 64-bit: C:\Program Files\Cycling '74\Max\
Delete the Max X application from Applications in Finder.
Then delete the Cycling 74 folder found here:
- /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Cycling '74/
Note: This is a hidden folder. Here's how to access hidden folders.
Max for Live Content
Here's how to delete a Pack.
Reinstalling Max for Live
Here's how to re-install Max for Live.