Live 9: Installing and managing Live Packs
- Live Versions: 9
- Operating System: All
Browsing and downloading Live Packs
- Browse the Packs section on the Ableton Website
- Packs can be filtered by type
- Click on a Pack
- Then click on the button marked "Buy Now" to complete the purchase process, or "Download" (if they are free packs).
- Purchased packs are added to your User Account, where they can then be downloaded.
Installing Live Packs
- Live packs download in the ALP format. Double click on the ALP file or drag and drop it anywhere in Live to install the Pack.
- Once installed, they will appear in the Places section in Live's Browser under Packs.
Managing Live Packs
- The Live 9 Browser can be used to manage your Live Packs.
- To move a Pack, CMD click/Right-click any Pack you wish to move and select 'Move Pack' from the menu.
- Here, you can also choose to delete the Pack, view the installed Pack on your hard disk, or view the original Help lesson contained within the Pack.
Changing the installation folder for Packs
- The installation folder for Packs can be changed in Live's Preferences ---> Library. Packs can be installed on an external hard drive if required.
- Click "Browse" to search for the desired installation folder:
- After choosing the desired folder and clicking "Open", a dialog will pop up asking you if you wish to move existing Packs to the new location as well. If you click "No" then only subsequent Packs will be installed to the new folder, and all your existing Packs will remain at the old location. "Yes" moves everything to the new location (recommended):
Using Third-Party Packs in Live
Any third-party packs which are not downloaded from the Ableton website are managed in a slightly different way. Read our article on using Third Party Packs in Live.
Check the Live Pack FAQ