Installing and managing Live Packs
- Live Versions: 9
- Operating System: All
Browsing and downloading Live Packs
- Browse the Packs section on the Ableton Website
- Packs can be filtered by type
- Click on a Pack
- Then click on the button marked "Buy Now" to complete the purchase process, or "Download" (if they are free packs).
- Purchased packs are added to your User Account, where they can then be downloaded.
Installing Live Packs
- Live packs download in the ALP format. Double click on the ALP file or drag and drop it anywhere in Live to install the Pack.
- Once installed, they will appear in the Places section in Live's Browser under Packs.
Managing Live Packs
- The Live 9 Browser can be used to manage your Live Packs.
- To move a Pack, CMD click/Right-click any Pack you wish to move and select 'Move Pack' from the menu.
- Here, you can also choose to delete the Pack, view the installed Pack on your hard disk, or view the original Help lesson contained within the Pack.
- The installation folder for Packs can be changed in Live's Preferences ---> Library. Packs can be installed on an external hard drive if required.
Using Third-Party Packs in Live
Any third-party packs which are not downloaded from the Ableton website are managed in a slightly different way. Read our article on using Third Party Packs in Live.
Check the Live Pack FAQ