APC Combination Mode doesn't work
- Live Versions: 8.1.4 - 9
- Operating System: ALL
- Two APCs are set up in Live's Preferences but only one yellow Session View ring is shown. That means both APCs are controlling the same set of tracks/clips.
- A Live set with less than 8 tracks was loaded initially, adding more tracks later makes no difference.
This is a bug.
- Make sure that no APC is set up in Live's Preferences/MIDI tab.
- Create audio and/or MIDI tracks until there are more than eight tracks in total.
- Open Live's Preferences/MIDI tab.
- Set up one APC in the first Control Surface chooser.
- Set up the second APC in the second Control Surface chooser.
In order to avoid this problem in the future it is recommended to create a custom template set with more than eight tracks. Please refer to Live's user manual how to create a custom template set.