- Live Versions: All
- Operating System: All
The Options.txt file can enable a few experimental and unsupported features in Live.
Note: They may change or be removed in future updates without warning.
How to create an Options.txt file
- Create a new plain text file using a text editor
- Name it Options.txt
- Place it in Live's Preferences folder (x.x.x refers to the current version of Live, e.g. 10.0.1):
Note: Here's how to access hidden folders on Windows and Mac OS X.
Adding options to the Options.txt file
- Add one option per line with the correct format; each option begins with a hyphen, and some options may also require an underscore.
- If you use the wrong format you will get an error message when opening Live.
- You need to restart Live to activate the option(s).
- The file format of the Options.txt must be plain text.
Line to add to Options.txt file: -_PluginAutoPopulateThreshold=32
Auto-populates the plug-in parameter list if a plug-in has a number of less or equal than X parameters.
Default = 32
Min = 1
Max = 128
128 will always populate the list with max. 128 parameters, regardless of how many parameters the plug-in has.
Line to add to Options.txt file: -DontCombineAPCs
Deactivates the APC combination mode: won't align and sync the session rings of multiple APCs so they can be moved independently.
EnsureKeyMessagesForPlugins (Windows only)
Line to add to Options.txt file: -_EnsureKeyMessagesForPlugins
This option solves a problem with certain VST plug-ins (such as NI's Reaktor), where keyboard data does not reach the plug-in.