Installing multiple versions of Live on a single computer
- Live Versions: ALL
- Operating System: ALL
Having multiple Live copies installed simultaneously is not recommended, but if you would like to do this, here's how:
- Start the installation of the second Live version.
- When the installer asks you to either replace the already installed version or install another copy to a different location, choose the latter.
- Change the installation path manually. Both versions cannot be installed at the same location.
- Choose a different name for the Start Menu if asked by the installer.
- Disable automatic updates in the second Live version.
- Locate the already installed Ableton Live 9 application on your computer (it is normally stored under /Applications/).
- Rename Ableton Live 9 to something different.
- Install the second Live version.
- Disable automatic updates in the second version.
There are full installers for the latest Live update available in your downloads.